ASL Workshop & Silent Paint Coming Soon!

10 Comments to ASL Workshop & Silent Paint Coming Soon!:

Jennifer Gonzalez on Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:55 PM
Hello; I am interest in this workshop; how can I register? Anyone has a contact information? Thanks

Anonymous on Sunday, September 18, 2016 8:13 PM

Ainsley Murdock on Sunday, September 18, 2016 11:39 PM
When I was younger I would watch the tv show "Signing Time" until it got cancelled. My freshman year of highschool I received an ASL book from my aunt but it was hard to learn on my own with only pictures and nobody to practice with so I didn't retain much of the information. I became friends with the deaf kids at my school which was great because they seemed to keep to themselves but they opened up to me. I got to spend time with them in their special classroom in the school when I had study hall or lunch. They were great to talk to and hang out with. They all have the cochlear implant and could read lips as well. Only one of them is fluent in ASL and taught me a few signs so we could gossip in gym class so nobody would know if we were talking about them. I am super exited that I have the chance to learn ASL in a classroom!

Ainsley Murdock on Sunday, September 18, 2016 11:48 PM
Please ignore my prior post! It is in the wrong section and has a few typos!

Nateisha greaves on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:51 AM
when i was young i was watching TV and i see a someone doing ALS and at that time i said to myself that i was going to learn and travel the world doing that some day. over the years i sign in church in songs all thought high school. now i am in college doing ASL and loving it. the dram is still there.

Diana Rodriguez on Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:47 PM
Today, a friend of mine, who is hearing, introduced me to a friend of hers who is Deaf. I was able to communicate with him the best that I could. If I didn't understand, I would asked him to sign again slowly. He also read lips but I signed as much as I could unless there was a word I didn't know how to sign and he would show me. It was really nice to sign with him and learn new things I haven't learned in class yet. He invited me to a Deaf community event in Northampton that's held monthly. The event is next month. One thing he did recommend is to practice everyday and at least learn 10 new words and practice them so I don't forget them because there's a lot to learn.

Jannette Rivera-Vega on Sunday, November 06, 2016 5:40 PM
I'm so glad I got to be in this Paint Sign & Mocktail I have such a wonderful time. I'm waiting for the next one to come every event I had attended make me fall in lobe all over again with what I chosed to study.... Loving Deaf studies more and more. Thanks to my classmate Beth I for giving me the chance to be there.

Jennifer Gonzalez-Morales on Monday, November 14, 2016 12:13 AM
I attended the ASL Idioms workshop and it was amazing. I learned a lot of ASL Idioms, I have new vocabulary to practice. I which they can do another workshop about ASL idioms; assuming that there are more idioms. It's was an amazing experience and it was worth attending the workshop.

firstchoicerecovery on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 3:38 AM

biomedical science personal statement on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 3:40 AM
That was an amazing workshop to boost your ability! As a student, I appreciate this type of things and you know I was there at that time. It was very impressive things what I have ever done. Thanks!